Cemetery is also known as "Rouse Hill General Cemetery, Rouse Hill", "Mile End Road Cemetery, Rouse Hill", "Christ Church Cemetery, Rouse Hill" and "Rouse Hill Anglican Cemetery, Rouse Hill"
Above: Plaque for the Heritage Trail located outside the entrance to Rouse Hill Cemetery.
Transciption of Heritage Trail plaque reads:
Heritage / Trail / Rouse / Hill // Rouse Hill Cemetery // In 1888, the thriving village of Rouse Hill / consisted of quite a few homesteads, a / roadside post office (known as the Vinegar Hill / Post Office), several taverns, a police station, / public school, a church and a cemetery. / Along with Christ Church at the corner of Windsor and Mile End Roads, this cemetery / is one of the few elements to survive from / that time. / Established in 1874 the layout of the / cemetery with its circular driveway and graves / arranged on both sides is considered to be / unusual for the time. // The land on which it stands was originally granted to Thomas / Clower and was later acquired by Robert Fitzgerald who / married Elizabeth Henrietta Rouse, the youngest child of / Richard Rouse. Robert donated the land to the United Church of / England and Ireland (a forerunner to today's Anglican Church). // Before the establishment of this / cemetery the colonials would bury their / dead at Parramatta or Windsor and / before that the early settlers buried / family members in secluded corners of / their properties like the example in / nearby William Harvey Reserve. / The cemetery is the final resting place / of a number of the districts pioneers / and their descendents arranged in / family plots.